The DC Zoning Commission has completed the first three hearings on the Mayor’s plan to re-zone historic McMillan Park for high-rise development, and the fourth and final hearing is quickly approaching this Tuesday night (May 13th). Please join us for a fun RALLY AND DANCE PARTY occurring before the final hearing in front of the DC Zoning Commission office at Judiciary Square. Then join us for more fun in the hearing room. Details below:
PROTECT McMILLAN PARK
Reject the Mayor’s Demolition Plan!
Tuesday, May 13th
Rally & Dance Party to
SAVE McMILLAN PARK
Facebook Event Page
Hosted by: DC for Reasonable Development
When: Tuesday, May 13, 2014
- Music starts at 5:15pm
- The People’s Mic begins at 5:30pm
- Defend the District Dance Party starts at 6:00pm
- Zoning Commission hearing starts at 6:30pm (opportunity to provide public testimony)
Where: DC Zoning Commission Office, 441 4th Street NW, Washington, DC (Metro: Red line, Judiciary Square station)
- Luci Murphy — Activist, Poet, Singer, and Defender of DC Public Property
- Jerry Peloquin — Founding Member of Jefferson Airplane and Municipal Food/Water Security Advocate
The proposed privatization of historic McMillan Park is one of the biggest attempted heists in DC history. We need you to get involved and help us stop the giveaway of this 25-acre Olmsted park — it is our public property!
- The InTowner Article — “Developer’s Plan Vigorously Questioned; Serious Community Issues”
PROTECT McMILLAN PARK & Reject the Mayor’s Plan!
Tuesday, May 13th — Rally 5:15pm to 6:30pm
441 4th Street NW, Judiciary Square
Unable to attend? Please Send Written Testimony to the Zoning Commission!